Frequently Asked Questions
We're here to answer questions on any aspect of transitioning to retirement life. Most people start here. If you don't see your question below, please contact us. We'll reply promptly.
Click on a question to learn more.
- Should we carry insurance on our household goods?
We recommend residents carry insurance on their personal possessions and furnishings.
- As a John Knox resident, may I continue to use my personal physician?
Yes, we recommend residents have their own personal physicians who are familiar with their medical records.
- May I bring my pet with me to John Knox?
Yes, with prior approval. We charge a one-time pet fee.
- Do apartments have any additional storage space?
Storage space is limited. Check with move-in coordinator.
- Does John Knox have any areas where I could have a garden?
Yes, our 14 acre campus gives you plenty of gardening space.
- Could I have guests stay with me in my apartment for a few days? Is there a charge?
There is no charge for short term guest stays in your home. If you prefer, we also have furnished guest apartments available at a low daily rate.
- If I want to change apartments at some point, is that possible?
Yes, you may elect to move to a larger or smaller apartment. It will be based on availability and your fees would be appropriately adjusted.